Many of us adore our feline pets because of their unique personality and their strange way of showing love and affection.
Believe it or not, cats are sweet and loving – in their own special way.
Like dogs, most cats do love and adore their owners too. It’s just that they do it in ways that may not be too obvious. Let’s check out the list of the eight most common ways cats show love and affection.
- Cats purr as a sign of happiness and contentment. It’s also a sign of affection and appreciation when you’re petting them.
- A cat that throws itself on the ground and begins rolling is a sign of happy welcome and a way to ask for your time.
- Bunting or the act on which your cat rubs their cheeks on your legs or any other object means that they are marking you.
- You may often see your cat kneading you, and that’s a good sign. It means that they are feeling relaxed, happy, and loved.
- If you wake up and see a dead mouse or a toy near you, then this means your cat is giving you a present!
- Cats love to sleep, right? So, if your cat often sleeps with you or in your lap or arm, then that means your cat loves you dearly.
- Did you just catch your cat looking at you with eyes wide open? If you also see a “slow eye” blink, then that means your cat is giving you a cat kiss.
- Does your cat lick you often? Then, that’s another sign of affection. Grooming is one of the best ways to show affection in a cat’s world.
Maybe, showing love and affection is one of the major things that separate cats from dogs. While they are both loving, sweet, and affectionate – they show it in very different ways.
Dogs would just jump with joy upon seeing you, while cats would choose when they want to be sweet and how they want to show it.
Now, Mavi, the Tuxedo Cat has a very cute habit of politely asking his owner to pet him.
Laura uploaded a short video of her and her cat Mavi. We see Laura relaxing with her cat while giving him some scratches. However, as soon as Laura stops giving him scratches, Mavi decides to sit beside his owner and then pokes her – asking for more.
The bi-colored cat’s eyes are so gentle, it looks like he’s begging for more, and it makes everything so adorable!
Laura gives in and scratches Mavi again. Oh, that look on Mavi’s face says it all. You even know he’s purring even if you don’t hear it on the video.
Laura stops again – leaving Mavi wanting for more!
The adorable cat asks his owner again – still very polite but with a little bit of determination. Maybe, it’s his way of telling Laura that he wants more scratches.
At last, Mavi receives his satisfying head scratches.
Now, this short video was uploaded five years ago and has garnered 26M views on YouTube but we’re really not surprised. Mavi is a total gentleman(cat) and will make anyone fall in love with him.
Each cat is unique, but all of them are lovable. Their weird but adorable way of expressing their love and affection makes them who they are.
Watch how Mavi politely asks to be petted and be ready to fall in love with this adorable feline. Don’t forget to share and tag your friends!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.